In the last 19 years, OCA has collaborated and has affiliated with a number of institutions in Oman starting from schools to commercial centers, clubs and associations with the objective to create awareness, raise funds and most importantly, to have our partners’ participate actively. We work very closely with private and corporate sectors, through their CSR projects. They are the backbone to all the activities we organize. We also work closely with the government sector, especially the Ministry of Social Development, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Information, The Royal Oman Police, Muscat Municipality and other relevant government entities. Thanks to these collaborations, the Oman Cancer Association has developed many projects and has successfully implemented them through the Public Private Partnership (PPP) activities that always end up as a win-win situation for both the latter and us.
The Association’s activities are varied, and we categorize them as Direct Activities include Projects & Services, Patient Involvement, Empowerment, Awareness & Communication and Indirect Activities include Fundraising campaigns, Advocacy, Education & Training, Dedicated Research.OCA Activities
In 2015, OCA became one of the founding members of the International Cancer Prevention Consortium (ICPC), which was created with the objective of knowledge shearing and developing effective cancer prevention and control strategies, concentrating in education, training and dedicated research. Through the ICPC, the Oman Cancer Association supports the Low and Middle-Income Countries (LMIC) in their needs to fight cancer in their countries.
Our future programs and activities
- Organize the 2020 World Cancer Congress and World Cancer Leaders’ Summit at the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre (OCEC) in Muscat.
- Implement “Bridging the gap” to train families to take care at home of their terminally ill relatives.
- Implement Self-Breast Examination training program in schools for 10th to 12th grade students
- Prevention programs:
- Screening for Cervical, Prostate, Colorectal and Lung cancers.
- Screening for Breast Cancer in women under 40 years
- Capacity building and human resources development
- Awareness campaigns & Cancer prevention
OCA’s Branches & Centers
These branches and centers are registered as part of the Association under at the Ministry of Social Development.
Mr. Naser Said Al Shikili
GSM: +968 9933 3068
Mr. Salim Awath Al Najar
GSM: +968 9949 4455
Mr. Mohammed Al Farsi
GSM: +968 9938 3705
Ms. Muna Ali Al Magrafi
GSM: +968 9625 7780
Mr. Suleiman Al Farsi
GSM: +968 9904 2727